Your Ad Here

Friday, January 7, 2011

"Rouge Noir".Confessions.

           "Rouge Noir" Hat by "Anya Caliendo.Couture Millinery"
When I was 17, I fell in love with the boy. His name was Tito and both of us, at the time, were in Germany, spending 2 weeks of our Summer in International Youth Summer Camp. I usually never use this word when describing a man, but Tito was absolutely gorgeous. He was from Italy and did not speak a word of English. I did not speak  a word of Italian, of course. :-)
 Despite the fact that neither of us could speak each other's language we understood each other instantly. We spent all out time together: we went to the movies, we held hands, we went for a walks, we kissed.:-) Tito played guitar and I could not stop thinking about him. Just before he left to go back home, as a farewell gift, he gave me a dark red rose. It was such a dark, rich shade of red, it seemed almost black...
 The memories of that Summer became an inspiration behind "Rouge Noir" hat I designed for my Atelier.It is made out of silk tulle, combination of three different types of silks  and french vintage veil. Here you see one of the dolls modeling it.:-)
 She is wearing vintage beaded coat by Dior and clear crystal ring by Lanvin. The memory of this Summer is, probably, one of the happiest memories I have of my teenage years. I never forgot Tito and you can find the rose he gave me between the pages of Marcel Proust book on my shelf. It is as beautiful as the day he left to go back to Italy, just maybe a little flatter and drier.:-)
 I know now that  memories of the past often become a source behind creation of my hats. "Rouge Noir" is very special to me. Two days ago a lady walked in my Atelier and was ready to buy it, but I refused the sale. I simply could not part with my "Rouge Noir." :-)
  Do you have a very special memory that you treasure for years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...