Your Ad Here

Friday, November 12, 2010

What Happens When You Are Madly In Love With Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.

 I have been in love with the art of Toulouse-Lautrec since my days in  the University. I remember writing a paper on the subject of impressions of the colorful theatrical life by this French painter and illustrator, discovering for the first time his exciting, elegant and provocative images. This hat became an ultimate tribute to what Toulouse-Lautrec dedicated 36 years of his life: impressions of Moulin Rouge, dancers and nightlife.
 I have named it "Moulin Rouge" and included this hat in my third Collection "The Secret Lives Of  Dolls". This is one of my very favorite hats  I had a privilege on working so far and also the hat that caused a windstorm of reaction during Paris Fashion Week. Parisians loved it to the point of my complete exhaustion:  I have been asked to be photographed in this hat more times that I could count. :-) 
 There is not a week passes by that I do not find myself looking through the pages of the master album with reproductions of the work of Toulouse-Lautrec, mesmerized by the images and the thought of his tragic life.
It became a source of constant inspiration for me .
 In his short life Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec created 737 canvases, 275 watercolours, 363 prints and posters, 5,084 drawings, some ceramic and stained glass work, and an unknown number of lost works.
 I should be so lucky to have enough time to create all the hats that I want to create. :-)
 I am wishing everybody a beautiful weekend. I will be spending my weekend in the Metropolitan Museum of Art here, in New York. It is always such a thrill for me! I simply can not get enough of New York in November. :-)))



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...