Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Girls In Hats. Few Words About La Parisienne.:-)

While in Paris I came to the conclusion: French girls, whether you like it or not, own the word "elegance". It is in their DNA if you will. I, literally, could not stop admiring French women I saw on the streets of Paris . I completely lost sense of self respect and often could not help but stare at another perfectly dressed la Parisienne. I even almost broke my neck twice while trying to absorb all the delicious details on one of the girls coat. I am sure she wore Giambattista Valli...
I thought it would be a great idea to post this pictures made by oh,so very talented Tommy Ton in Paris and New York. I suck exceptionally at the photography and believe that we each must do what we do the best. And so, here it is: my personal analysis of French fashionistas. :-)))
I think it is a good reason for la Parisienne to be so chic and elegant: after all, Paris has been the breeding ground for top designers for decades. It feels a little bit different here, in the US, and it does make me feel sad. I do not think I can stand the view of another LV logo bag or nova check print by Burberry. ("Where did the lamb go?" Where did the style go?) I hope it will come back really soon. And I really, really, REALLY hope it will NOT be wearing Uggs! :-) Not even in pink!
What is great about French girls is the way they approach the subject of personal style: every season La Parisienne explores all of the signs of seduction, mixing urban-chic style that easily blends with entry-level price brands and luxury products.
Vintage shopping is a must for every self respecting la Parisienne. Statement pieces like big Cameo rings, chandelier-like crystal necklaces, fabulous little cross stitched bags - treasures of the past mixed in with ultra modern pieces of clothes. What do we have as a final result? - Yes, breathtakingly divine salade! :-)))) Almost impossible to take your eyes off.
La Parisienne loves hats. Hats are a part of her dress code. She elevates hat wear to the status of ultra-glam trend and in exchange hats contribute tremendously to her calculated sense of aesthetics.
La Parisienne is an obvious risk taker.You can not accuse her of, let's say, crazy color pattern. She will immediately tell you that you are boring!She never copies somebody else. Meeting a clone would be an utter insult to her personal style. It is impossible and useless to to impose fashion rules on la Parisienne.
La Parisienne is more of a creature of her own style than a follower of media fashion and I endlessly admire it.
I will be completely happy if I would get to spent my next life sitting on the bench on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris watching the fabulous parade of beauty. :-) What about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...