Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Girl in the Bubble

Bubble Spring Collection Harper's Bazaar 1963
by Melvin Sokolsky

Last week I planned on attending an event featuring Melving Sokolsky. The iconic fashion photographer sparked his career with the Bubble collection, in Harper's Bazaar. Prior to knowing who he was, I had been exposed to some of his Bubble collection photos several times, which I thought were great. When I learned that Sokolsky was the photographer, I was so excited to visit the exhibition and listen to him speak. Unfortunately, my best friend and I relied on MapQuest's directions, and got lost on our way to the studio; luckily we spotted a taco truck, & I experienced by first authetntic tacos.
The glamorous & stylish woman floating in an oversized bubble is the capturing effect in these photos. The essence of the bubble is to showcase an untouchable and classy woman, swaying over cities and people in a whimsical manner. Check out his site*

xo Maria

"Really, I'm only interested in photography as a tool for exploring and visualizing psychological and emotional conditions"
- Sokolsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...