Your Ad Here

Monday, September 6, 2010

interview with the button owl.

i met this amazing blogger on IFB, Nesha, the editor of The Button Owl, which is an amazing blog by the way, with quality content on it, which is actually rare. i asked her a few things about herself just to get you to know her (and myself as well, of course), since i truly believe it's important to sometimes even read things on blogs, not only see pictures, and Nesha's blog is totally on the right track.



Q: When and why did you start blogging?
A: I started blogging about six months ago. I just wanted a place where I could externalise my imagination and get all my ‘word vomit’ out there. I also wanted to become a writer and at the time I had no writing experience, so I thought blogging would be a good place to start. It certainly worked, as my blog helped an editor notice me and now I’m fashion director of her magazine at sixteen.

Q: What are the most common topics of your blog posts?
A: Oh I have no idea, I blog about anything! Obviously the overall topic is fashion, but I also blog about art, I interview designers, I babble about my day… anything goes so long as its good.

Q: How often do you check your blog, its stats, or the comments?
A: Everyday. It’s like my obsession or something! I use Google Analytics and check that once a day to see how the blog is doing, but if I even so much as get one comment I’m immediately commenting back. I’m mad.


Q: How can you fit blogging into your lifestyle? what do you do in real life?

A: I don’t really know how I do it because I lead a very busy life for a teenager. I’m religious for a start, so that takes up a lot of my everyday life. I also freelance for various magazines as well as write for the one I’m fashion director of, so that keeps me busy too.

Q: What do you think is the best thing about blogging?
A: Tough one. For me, it’s probably being able to get everything from out of my mind and into a world where I can say what I want. I like the feeling of freedom it brings.

Q: What is the most important thing on a fashion blog?
A: What it looks like. Sounds picky and vain but it’s true. If your blog looks unprofessional and poorly put together than you won’t find many people will follow it. You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but sadly, that’s what we all do.


you know, what? it was awesome to finally meet a fashion blogger like Nesha! i hope we can work together well in the future. thank you, Nesha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...