Your Ad Here

Friday, August 14, 2009

Renata Litvinova. Goddess: How I Fell In Love...

Every so often I discover a new person that sends my pulse racing. Usually this occurs as a product of spectacular personal style or elaborate interview in Vogue. One discovery set itself apart: Renata Litvinova. One of the brightest stars of Russian cinema, she is known for her unusual, almost eclectic speech manner, her utterly divine style and profoundly deep work as an actress, screenwriter and director.
My discovery of Renata happened back in 1994, in the very beginning of her career.While being sick with violent flue I accidentally switched TV to the channel with the movie named "Passions" . I immediately knew I was a witness to the birth of a true Movie Star.
Inspired by the Style of Renata I have created this hat. I named it "Renata.Goddess: How I Fell In Love." It became one of the most beautiful hats of my last Collection "Russia Divine.Tribute". Made entirely by hand, 6 weeks of production, close to 250 yards of silk ribbon which was colored by hand ( afterwards I had to cut out pieces of silk that had, in my opinion, the most beautiful combinations of reds). Undeniably, one of the most difficult hats I have ever made. I am very proud of it!:-))At 42 years of age Renata is not only a Style Icon. For those of you who are not very familiar with customs and traditions of Russia, I especially would like to stress how unusual this fact is. Women in Russia are considered to be old by the age of 30. When you do realize it, the fact that 42-year old Renata not only managed to be regarded as the most stylish lady of the Russian cinema, but also became the cover girl for many glossy magazines such as Vogue, for example, is a small Revolution with in itself.
I often thought that it is impossible not to look at Renata: she is one of those rare individuals who hypnotizes audience with her beauty, manner of speech, movements. When I first heard that Litvinova is launching her own line of clothes, I have to admit, I had my doubts.
After all there are so many examples of mediocre clothing lines produced by celebrities. Renata became an exception to the rule. Her line is simply divine. Pencil skirts,fantastic blouses," retro" dresses, elegant, slick, very Renata, with fabulous accessories such as hats (!!!) and gloves. But what even more fantastic is the quality and craftsmanship of each item. I am looking forward to my next trip to Russia: can not wait to see with my own eyes new fabulous collection by Renata Litvinova.
The style of Renata is what I describe as Old Glamor. She adores red lipstick, vintage hats, veils, she loves the aroma of "Red Moscow" perfume (I thought it would be interesting for you to know that despite the fact that communists made "Red Moscow" the official perfume of the Empire of Evil, the recipe of this perfume was made by one of the best perfumers of the time, the perfumer to Her Majesty Empress of Russia Alexandra Romanov , Henri Brocard . The recipe was stolen by Bolsheviks during the Revolution and the perfume was named "Red Moscow".)
On the personal note: I was always immensely inspired by women with multiple dimensions to them , who were able to extend their personal Empire to the stratosphere. Renata, in my opinion, is one of the rare individuals who posses that special knowledge of how to live your life without being afraid to cross the borders of boundaries.She is truly an embodiment of inspiration itself.
Divine RenataRenata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova
Renata Litvinova

Important!*** Thank you for participating in the Contest. There is still time to submit answers, please, refer to the post below. The lucky winner will be announced on August 17th! Good luck to all :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...