Your Ad Here

Friday, February 4, 2011

Wearing "Black Swan" Hat.

         Photographed by Ed Hafizov of Zorz Studios for my Atelier.
 It is my great pleasure introduce you to my new creation by the name of "Black Swan" inspired by Natalie Portman's haunted Prima Ballerina in  the movie "Black Swan". What a great, powerful, intense performance... I simply had to recreate my impressions of it the only way I knew how - by designing a hat. If you didn't have a chance to see "Black Swan" yet, I strongly recommend that you do. I will leave the business of writing movie review to the professionals and, instead, will concentrate on the hat "Black Swan".
 It was one of the most difficult,demanding, labor intense and mechanically challenging hats I have ever designed. At one point it had to be suspended off the ceiling so that I could work on the bottom part of it...But despite all of it, from the first stitch and to the last  it was labor of  shier love.
 I enjoyed every minute of working on "Black Swan", sculpting  the 3D  bodice, , wiring the upper extention of the bodice, inserting the core into the bodice of the hat, embroidering the bust line, making sure that everything lined in perfect proportion so that the hat is actually steady and wearable and light!
 I have used the finest fabric I could possibly find - delicate silk tulle, French silk velvet with a bit of sparkle, Chantilly lace, hand made silk rose courtesy of Legeron Atelier and French vintage veil and shimmering gold lace...
 The end result is beyond my most ambitious expectation and I noticed that "Black Swan" has an amazing effect on everybody who walks in my Atelier - people are immediately drawn to the stand and usually spent considerable amount of time just observing every single detail, often in disbelief that it is actually a hat!
 " Black Swan" is even more dramatic in person and I am already thinking of how and where I would wear it. :-)) . Looking forward to another Apollo Circle Benefit Ball next Fall in Metropolitan Museum of Art. It would be a perfect place to do something crazy like wearing "Black Swan". What do you , guys, think? :-)
 I have to admit, I got seriously carried away with embroidery and detailing - 4 weeks of production time! I felt like I need another 4 arms. :-)
 I am wishing you fantastic weekend! :-) I am loking forward to closing the doors and working all weekend long on the several orders. Nothing makes me more happier. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...