Your Ad Here

Friday, September 24, 2010

BBC Interview with Julian Fellowes & Hugh Bonneville

Julian and Hugh chat about Downton Abbey on BBC Breakfast
Watch VIDEO INTERVIEW


Julian and Hugh also did a RADIO INTERVIEW interview for BBC Radio 4
When Julian Fellowes was asked about the pressure of succeeding with ITV's return to high-quality period drama, with their previous hits of Brideshead Revisited or The Jewel in the Crown, Julian replied:

"Well, you know life's a pressure, it's a pressure but it's also exciting. What I loved about this was that Peter Finch, and Gareth Naeme at Carnival were prepared to take a chance on an original idea and not hedge themselves with the insurance of doing the 88th version of Pride and Prejudice or whatever it was, that they were prepared to go out on a limb and that seems to me to be tremendous and you know, I always quote Speilberg on this, he said once "You should only make films you want to see" and you know, this is a show I want to see and I feel very lucky to have been allowed to make it."

I say HURRAH!!!!! I'm all for original ideas instead of the same period dramas being redone. Are you listening BBC and other guilty parties????? (You know who you are) There IS such a thing as too much Austen, or Dickens, or whatever... I've ranted about this before and detest how producers of period drama think we're only capable of digesting regurgitated tales.

Well done ITV and Carnival and of course Julian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...