Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 23, 2009

dropping the f-bomb

one last note before I drop the subject of the f-bomb:

One definition that I failed to include was to fuck-up, or to be a fuck-up as in to make a mistake. Mistakes are important. Often I think my whole life is one continuous mistake, but I swear I'm learning. So then, the play-house word-of-the-day is forgiveness.

For suffering to have any value, and it has value, we must forgive the mistakes of others so that we can end the cycle of abuse. I'm thinking of my blue flowers now and the violets perpetrated against them. How can we forgive a monster like Leland Palmer? What events really took Dorothy and Alice to their fractured fantasy-lands? Why are all the Lostboys broken? At some point, love was not the answer. The chain began with fear, separation, and violence. Today is the 7th day, I'm going to try and open to the world. Can't we give ourselves one more chance? Why can't we give love that one more chance? Why can't we give love . . .?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...