Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Inspiration In Guilty Pleasures: Laduree. Fabulous Life In Hats.

There are several things in the world I absolutely can not live without. My few beloved guilty pleasures, my beloved little secrets I draw my inspiration from. Number one on the list of my guilty pleasures is Laduree - the single most divine Tea Room in the entire world!
Editorial hat (part of my "Russia Divine" Collection) was inspired by my visit to Laduree Tea Room in London in 2008 and my childhood memories of very simple caramel candy( at the age of 4 they seem to me as divine as Laduree confections.
One of the most challenging hats my Atelier ever created, each little piece of candy was individually blocked. It took almost 2 weeks to complete this hat( all done by hand only!). I used silk ribbons, silk illusion, velour felt, pleated silk and, of course, Swarovski crystals for this tiny masterpiece.
Just as Manolo Blahnik has created his spectacular shoes for "Marie Antoinette" film (2006), written and directed by Sofia Coppola, Laduree has created entire movie of confections and sweet delights...
Every time I travel to London I inevitably end up enjoying Laduree. Situated in the heart of London, in the world’s most beautiful department store( Harrods) , Ladurée’s tea room invites you to indulge yourself while paying tribute to the French lifestyle.

The history of Parisian tea salons is intimately tied to the history of the Ladurée family.It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from France’s southwest, created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris.
From the most ordinary of items to the exceptional treasure, it’s said that everything can be found at Harrods. Just one thing was missing from their extensive range - Ladurée products - but no longer...
Once upon a time, there was a small sparkling palace, dressed in gold and silver glitter, where hung thousands of rainbow-coloured macaroons, chattering gaily throughout the day...
I am looking forward to my trip to London this Fall to, once again, enjoy my guilty pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...