Your Ad Here

Friday, March 11, 2011

Weddings From the Past - An Index


Index to image galleries & articles of weddings from years gone by...

"Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress." ~ Coco Chanel

I've been fascinated with period fashion of late and discovered some great websites with dresses from various eras that have me longing for the enchanting styles of yesteryear. While perusing and ooh-ing and ahh-ing, it dawned on me that I could spend hours focused on wedding fashion alone, so I've planned a few posts which will highlight the wonderful dresses worn on that special day, whether they be museum pieces, vintage or vintage-inspired! Hope you enjoy walking down memory lane with me!
[I'll be adding to this index as I continue to update.]





Paintings featured in top banner:
"Call to Arms" - Edmund Blair Leighton
"Signing the Register" - Edmund Blair Leighton
"The Wedding Morning" - John Henry Frederick Bacon
"Pamela is Married" - Joseph Highmore
"None but the Brave Deserve the Fair" - James Shaw Crompton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...