Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Phil Collins Retires from Music Business

Phil Collins Retires from Music Business

Following decades in the music business, Phil Collins has called it a career.

The British artist says he suffers from hearing problems, a dislocated vertebra and nerve damage in his hands, all due to years and years of performing.

"I'm not worried about not being able to play the drums again, I'm more worried about being able to cut a loaf of bread safely or building things for my kids," the father of two tells FHM.

Phil Collins Picture

Considering the state of the business, with singers such as Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift dominating the charts, Collins also doesn't think he fits in any longer, saying:

"I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the same business as this.' I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."

But Collins will maintain at least some ties to pop culture: his daughter, Lily Collins, is dating Taylor Lautner.


thehollywoodgossip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...