Your Ad Here

Friday, February 11, 2011

Walking On The Dark Side With St.Valentine. :-) My Atelier Valentine's Window Displays.

 Knowing that my next post will come only next Tuesday, after the Valentin's Day, I decided to wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day with this post. There comes a time in  one's life when sugar hearts, pink cupids and heart shaped boxes of chocolates, displayed everywhere, leave you feeling bored and  uninspired. And so, when planning for the Valentine's Day window displays, I decided to draw my inspiration from the novels of immortal William Shakespeare and famous 2002  "Romeo And Juliet" Vogue editorial.
 I have decided to name red display  - "Love Potion". The idea of being infected with passion always appealed to me: I suppose William Shakespeare would be the first one to tell you that intense Love and Passion are always key ingredients to the most beautiful love stories and the most disastrous human tragedies...
 I  had so much fun choosing apothecary jars for the displays. :-) I filled them with beautiful silk velvet and sating and added Lacroix brooches and loose gems to give it more sparkle...
 You tell me if I did a good enough job.:-)))
 This sapphire-emerald display I decided to name "Love Poison" - try a drop and be poisoned, surrender to the power of Love.
 I filled that blue apothecary jar with painted sugar and sequins and put vintage poison labels on it. It reads: "Lead Sugar" and "Corrosive Sublimate" - sound almost like a medieval spell!
 So, yes, this time I am waking on the dark side with St.Valentines. What a wonderful age to be in love. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...