Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

little thoughts*

e.e. cummings is one of my favorite poets. As for the other statement, "lack of passion is fatal,"--it's true. When I came across it, I paused & thought to myself: passion is a drive, & a motivational force; it's pretty much an individual's replacement of anomie, a feeling of aimlessnes and lack of purpose. To further reflect on that, passion can be manifested in different forms. But then I remembered Aristotle's quote--thanks to my countless viewings of Legally Blonde-- "The law is free from passion". Was he implying that when it comes to universal applications of law & reason, one should obtain from emotion and remain rational? (By this I'm not referring to lawyers who use concrete facts and evidence for a case). Each person has a case of their own, including the principles they follow. So is it just me, or is this quote a little contradicting?
xo Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...