Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THE SOUND OF MUSIC Picture Gallery

With the recent cast reunion of The Sound of Music, it's been wonderful hearing anecdotes from other fans of how much the movie has meant to them. To think that 45 years later, it still resonates so deeply with so many of us!

I still recall walking up the steps of the movie theatre as a young girl and my parents explaining the significance of Maria's story with such a sense of anticipation and we were not disappointed! Years later, I was chatting to my young niece and nephew about the film presuming that at that point they had already seen it. I was a little incredulous at this oversight but thankfully, my sister-in-law purchased the DVD that weekend so by the time of their next visit, they were happily singing along as they well should. Good, no need for disowning them then! (Shown on the right is my favourite picture of Maria Von Trapp that was taken in 1975.) My mother spotted Maria tending the garden unnoticed in front of the Trapp Family Lodge and we were thrilled that she took the time to talk with us. (That's me on the left.)

And here are some images from THE SOUND OF MUSIC
starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer...














































The real Von Trapp villa in Austria...





















































Julie and Christopher in 2010 for cast reunion...























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...