Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Storyboarding w/ Gnass: Genre Boards

As some of you know I decided to take Storyboarding over at the Animation Guild with Karl Gnass. It's pretty groovy so far. First assignment was to pick a movie of a specific genre and board a significant scene. I didn't want to go too obvious so I went Rom Com (romantic comedy) with a Twist. That film being
Watching the detectives. One of my all time favorite movies. If you have never heard of it don't feel bad, NO one in my entire storyboarding class had either.
(Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear!)
And in case you are curious how this was presented. Printed 8.5x14 and I totally had to pitch it! I assume it went somewhat well because everyone was laughing and some people even sounded interested in checking out the movie. And yes I did act out the voices! :]

Oh and the next set of boards will be all my doing, setting up shots and story points. BEWARE it's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...