Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Chapel at Versailles

I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon exploring the exquisite chapel at Versailles...all thanks to an awesome virtual tour provided by the Chateau Versailles. This new site was set up to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the construction of the current chapel. I was awestruck by the beauty of its design! The accompanying music helped to take me back in time. It even includes an option to view the chapel at different times of the day which I thought was interesting to be able to view the way the light changed its appearance. Be sure to visit the site to take your own virtual tour unless you're lucky enough to visit in person!


Here's a view looking out of one of the side windows. I absolutely loved the close-up photo on the right, found at Architect Design and thank him for allowing me to repost his photograph here. There are more photos found on his site!











You can view how the chapel's appearance varies based upon the time of day...

9:30 am - 12:30 pm

12:30 pm - 5:30 pm

5:30 pm - 8:30 pm

8:30 pm - midnight



So beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...