Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It Is All About The Angle :-)

Designing any hat for me always feels almost like putting final touches to the mystery of a woman. Especially so when I am working with french veils. It is impossible to argue with a woman who wears veil! :-) I remember several years ago reading interview with Johnny Depp. He was asked about the first time he saw his beautiful wife Vanessa Paradis. He said :"I first saw the back and I knew right there and then."...
My personal philosophy when it comes to the hat design is slightly unusual, but very simple. Each hat designed and made by me has to create a certain magic around the woman who wears it. She is so mercilessly beautiful and elegant in her perfect hat that you can not help but stop and look back at her as she is passing you by and walking away from you...
You, probably, will be very surprised at the conclusion I arrived to a long time ago. The most beautiful angle, a view of a woman is... when she is walking away. The way she moves, her posture, the mystery of her facial features, her delicate frame - all adding to her mystique. To any man it is an ultimate, most exciting angle of view: the lady who is walking away from him, unconquered and free.
Yesterday I had a beautiful couple visiting me in my Atelier.They have been married for almost 50 years. While Mrs. M was helped by my assistant to choose her new hat, Mr. M. and I had a very interesting conversation. I have asked him about the first time he met Mrs. M. He said: "She passed me by on the street (in Madrid). She wore the most ridiculous hat covered in daisies. The hat made me stop and look back. Once I looked back at her moving away from me, I knew I want to marry this lady. The rest is history"... :-)

















Some of the pictures are courtasy of beautiful Dustjacket Attic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...