Your Ad Here

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Experimenting with Caran d'Ache

Started with a quick crayon sketch in Caran d'Ache. Didn't like it so I washed it out with water. Then Went on top of the faint marks left with ink using a nib pen. Used some ink washes with a brush and then added some watercolor to have warms and cools present for balance.




These first two were done simultaneously compensating for drying time. Started with a quick Caran d'Ache sketch. Used water to soften the overall feel. Went back into it with more Caran d'Ache, a different color blue, red, and black to pull the drawing back out. Then used a little water to smooth any areas I felt needed it. Finished with white Caran d'Ache to bring out the eye highlights.





This was my warm up before I got to the previous sketches. Started with Caran d'Ache. Softened it with water. Added warms with watercolor. Quick defining with ink nib pen and brush. More watercolor to build up more form in the face. Got out white gouache and fixed any incorrect areas that needed to be brought out of shadow to reinforce it's form. Once I scanned the image into the computer I brought it into Photoshop and fixed some proportion problems that came into play because of the angle I was working.

Hope this has been informative. I know I LOVE seeing peoples processes :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...