Your Ad Here

Monday, January 5, 2009

Splurge of the Day: Jimmy Choo x Hunter Wellies

WWD reports that shoe designer Jimmy Choo and rain boot regular Hunter have collaborated to create a boot that signals the ultimate in shoe sophistication:
Retailing for $395, these slick wellies will be sold in Jimmy Choo stores and online beginning next June.
Hot boots, but may I offer a simple observation to my American Amies: I brought my pair of Burberry wellies with me to Paris, and pulled them out without hesitation when there was even a soupcon of rain. To my surprise, Parisians don't really do rain boots...nor do they do snow boots (yup, I pulled out my Lacostes for a recent snow storm). For them it seems the same leather boots work in all weather conditions--and the whole idea of multiple shoe changes for a hint of crazy weather is a very American thing. With that said, ladies, these shoes are strictly a splurge: droolworthy puddle pushers that will make you the hottest chick in a rainstorm. But are they necessary? Not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...