Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sonia Rykiel Exhibit in Paris

Hey boos!
Today I stopped into a cool exhibit at the Museum of Fashion on French Designer Sonia Rykiel:
Known as the 'Queen of Knits', Rykiel is best known for her sweaters, and was the first designer to put seams on the outside of a garment and weave pictures into her designs. The exhibit in Paris celebrates her 40 years in the business, and shows a progression of her apparel--from fun sweaters in bright colors, decorated with rosettes, words, and stripes to more serious dresses and gowns:
I could only take a few pix before the guards told me I had to stop--in case you can't make it here, a few more shots:
I'm off to a Kanye West/Roots concert tonight and I'm going to snap some serious Real Style (I'm on a mission!!). Stay tuned for that on Monday--and for Mail Bombs tomorrow:)
Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...