Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Deanne is...

I wondered only recently...

At what point did I begin to refer to myself as if I were a third party when speaking to others? A habit I thought was reserved purely for mothers and rock stars, I have caught myself lately saying things like "Miss Tonking is cold" when speaking to my students, or "Miss Tonking is going to lunch now, be back in 10 minutes". A quick scan of my body language while doing so revealed, thankfully that I have not yet started to point to my own nose while making such statements.

I once watched a 60 minutes interview with Billy Ray Cyrus in which he referred to himself only as Billy Ray. "Billy Ray does what Billy Ray wants" "No one tells Billy Ray what to do". Outwardly I am sure I would have scoffed at his behavior but I am beginning to think that internally I admired old Billy R.

I question my sanity a number of times a week, so this new language style had me momentarily pondering less about it's normality but more about it's origin. And then it hit me, like a thing that hits suddenly. Facebook! I can pin point the exact moment when I began using my name instead of other overused pronouns , twas the moment I first completed the infamous Facebook status sentence - Deanne is...

Deanne is considering the magnitude of her Facebook enslavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...