Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 6, 2007

New York SS08 Fashion Week Wrapup I

It's fashion week! OK so I'm not totally excited about NY Fashion Week because few shows there are actually directional or gorgeous, but it is nice to look at new, modern clothes.

BCBG Max Azria
I never used to care much for BCBG until this summer's visit to LA, I realised that BCBG sells really useful, pretty, contemporary clothes that are affordable. This season's BCBG seems a bit inspired by Nina Ricci's FW07 collection. It used a lot of that sheer material to form a layer over the non-transparent layer. And note the belts tied at the waist -big trend this FW and probably next SS!
The dress in the middle is one of my favourites from this collection. Love the colour combination and the chiffon layering at the bust area.
Lots of sheer chiffon layering.
Erin Featherson
Remember how cute Erin Featherson's last show was? Everyone looked like fairies. For this collection, the models look like they're fairies just starting to work.
All the models had white eyeshadow and mascara on. Looks cute close-up, but...
... not so cute from afar! The first time I looked through the photos, I was so distracted by the eyes I hardly saw the clothes!
The silver dress is so cute! Very ballerina-ish.
Marchesa
Ah, the brand of gorgeous dresses! This collection was supposedly inspired by India, (although I'm sure some Indians would be a bit offended by how flashy or revealing some of the dresses are!) The dresses throughout the collection didn't connect that well to me, but there's no denying they're too pretty not to look!
The navy dress is so elegant -I love the crystal details at the waist!
Gorgeous dress! This dress looks like a bunch of embellished flower petals, doesn't it? The way the material is draped is so nice! If you're interested, the dress before this dress at style.com looks even more like rose petals -the model there literally looks like a rose bud!
Image credit: www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...