Your Ad Here

Friday, January 21, 2011

Falling In Love With Gray.

 This chic little boater was inspired by the gray accents of the interior of Atelier Dior. :-) I fell in love with gray curtains and rugs displayed in combination with white and crystal. Very elegant. The hat itself was not easy to create considering the fact that all pleating had to be done by hand. Knitted jersey fabric,in general, is great to work with unless, of course, it has to be pleated.Than you see tones of attitude. :-)
I often wondered why Atelier Dior chose gray of all colors? The answer was very easy: Dior insisted that  any color comes to life if set against gray background. Later, when I started to photograph my Collection, I realized how true this statement was.
 The hat came out even better than I had in mind: understated, beautiful, very chic. In addition, this little boater has a secret which you can easily see once you enlarge the picture: it remains shimmering gray during the day, but lights up with million sparkles under the light. Here you see one of my dolls modeling it. She is wearing Giambattista Valli coat and a beautiful silk rose brooch from Atelier Legeron. She is one of the dolls who got into your perfume box while you were asleep. :-)))
 I am wishing everybody snow white weekend just like the one we are having in New York. I will be working on new designs all weekend long. I am very much looking forward to a quite time one on one with my hats. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...